With an outstanding track record in innovative technologies and highly skilled workers, Israel is widely considered one of the leading markets for investing. Nowadays, the growing CleanTech industry in Israel is attracting mounting attention and increasing awareness. Israel already has some successes in the CleanTech industry as well as some promising companies. Investment interests and opportunities are naturally growing and it seems there are more and more prospects for new and promising investments to be made.
10 Points You Should Know About Israel's CleanTech Industry
1. Definition - CleanTech is an interdisciplinary industry focusing on preserving the earth's resources - energy, water and air.
2. Companies - There are 320 companies in Israel that can be defined as specializing in the CleanTech field.
3. Water - Water is the largest industry in Israel. There are approximately 220 companies that focus on the water industry. The scope of water technologies exports in Israel this year will stand on 1.2 billion dollars.
4. The largest company in the water field - The largest company in Israel focusing on water is Netafim. The scope of sales this year will exceed half a billion dollars.
5. The largest company in the energy field - The largest company in Israel focusing on alternative energy is Ormat. Ormat's sales will reach 300 million dollars this year.
6. Growth - The fastest growing CleanTech company in Israel is Solel. The company's sales will reach between 80-100 million dollars in 2007, in comparison to 3 million dollars last year.
7. Investments - In the last two years, over 300 million dollars were invested in the CleanTech industry. The largest investment was made in Netafim.
8. "Hottest" fields - The "hottest" fields in Israel are water purification and solar energy.
9. Initiatives - In the last two years, over 13 investment bodies were established in the CleanTech industry; of them 4 incubators.
10. Biodiesel - Israeli companies have implemented investments worth 200 million dollars in the Biodiesel field.
For more information about Israel cleantech industry [http://www.dainfo.com/main/menu/index.php3?stId=507] please click here [http://www.dainfo.com/main/menu/index.php3?stId=507].